Equip yourself with the skills of understanding payroll. Learn how to calculate taxable earnings, deduct correct statutory withholdings (Income Tax, CPP and EI) and arrive at correct net pay. Discover how to deal with all the stakeholders involved with payroll – employees, employers, government agencies, insurance and pension companies, workers safety and insurance boards. The course will also cover federal and provincial payroll compliance legislation. We welcome auditing student.* * Provided there is space available on the first class, undecided students may join the first half of class to observe. Please contact us to schedule in advance.
- Payroll Compliance Legislation (Income Tax, CPP, EI, Employment Standards, Workers Compensation)
- Setting up new employees for payroll
- Calculating regular and non regular earnings
- Calculating net pay and statutory and non statutory deductions
- Remittances to Federal and Provincial Governments
- Termination of Employment, Record of Employment
About the Course Classes are held in a Classroom/Computer Lab Completion
- Certificate of Completion
- Tax Receipt Form for tuition fees for courses taken in the calendar year. To qualify, the fees must be more than $100 for the year.
- Bookkeeping knowledge
- Basic computer skills
About the Instructor Kevin Moloney brings a wide range of skills to his instructor role and covers each course in a patient, methodical and enthusiastic manner covering a broad syllabus in a friendly and professional environment. He takes a hands on inclusive approach to teaching and with his extensive knowledge of his subject matter he shares his passion of business life with his students while delivering on the course content in his own unique teaching style
November 06, 2021 (Online Class)|Toronto Saturdays | 9:00 A.M. – 2:00 P.M. (4 weeks, 20 Hours)
– Former Student “KEVIN MOLONEY IS A VERY GREAT TEACHER AND HE HAS A LOT PATIENT TO TEACH EACH ONE OF US WITH PERFECT KNOWLEDGE” – Former Student “It was great having Mr. Kevin Moloney as our Instructor. He had great knowledge of the course subject and taught with great patience. Never hurried up on the course. He made every concept very clear.” – Former Student “Skills for change is a great program. The instructor is very knowledgeable about the course. He is very patient with students. I would recommend the course to anybody.” – Former Student “My instructor, Mr. Kevin Moloney has wide knowledge on our subject but the days spent for this course is too short as much as our instructor wants to teach and impart all his knowledge related to his course; the time is limited.”