The Course in Income Tax Preparation- Level 1 responds to the need to prepare students to help Canadian individuals to fulfill their tax obligations honestly and in a timely manner. There is a pressing need to prepare knowledgeable tax professionals to fill leadership roles in tax management. The Program will prepare students for accurate completion of personal tax returns using current tax software. Using a variety of methods including tax cases, lectures and internet research, students will be able to prepare a comprehensive personal Canadian tax return using a professional tax software program. Basic principles of tax planning and compliance with relevant tax legislation and regulations are stressed in the program. The course will provide opportunities to master the new Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) technologies that are significantly challenging to individuals. We welcome auditing student.* * Provided there is space available on the first class, undecided students may join the first half of class to observe. Please contact us to schedule in advance.
- Introduction to Canadian Income tax
- Employment income, deductions and credits
- Employment expenses, moving expenses
- Nonrefundable and refundable credits
- Investment income – interest, dividend and capital gains
- Social benefits – CPP, EI, working income tax benefits
- RRSP, TFSA, RESP and RDSP
- Special provisions for seniors
- Medical expenses and disability
- Special provisions for students
- Marriage, separations, reconciliation, support payments
- Childcare expenses
- Business income – introduction only
About the Course Classes are held in a Computer Lab Completion
- Certificate of Completion
- Tax Receipt Form for tuition fees for courses taken in the calendar year. To qualify, the fees must be more than $100 for the year.
Prerequisite Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and intermediate level of English.
About the Instructor Jason is a qualified CA, CPA, CISA, CSC with 20 plus years of experience in Accounting, Auditing, Finance and Taxation. He has helped large number of clients in their Canadian and US taxation matters and their financial planning. He is an excellent communicator and has more than 10 years’ experience in teaching taxation, financial management, operations management in colleges and universities. He is the most liked faculty among the students. He is driven to inspire students to pursue academic and personal excellence. He consistently strives to create challenging and engaging learning environment for students to become life-long scholars and learners. He has exceptional record of research success with multiple published blogs. He believes that “Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today.”
May 28th, 2022 (Online Class)| Toronto Saturdays | 9:00 A.M. – 2:00 P.M. (5 weeks, 25 Hours)
– Former Student “Good course. Lots to learn. Great place.” – Former Student “I enjoyed the Income tax Preparation class at Skills for Change. The instructor is knowledgeable and a good practitioner, which is important, he provided examples for each and every topic of course that discussed. Open mind, deep analyser and care about student’s understanding.Thank you.” – Former Student “Skills for Change is a great program. The instructor is very knowledgeable about the course. He is very patient with students. I would recommend the course to anybody.”