PROGRAM: Strasity Inc.
COMPANY: Skills for Change – Strasity Inc.
LOCATION: 10 Gateway Blvd. Unit 105, Toronto, ON M3C 3A1
REPORTS TO: Director, Consulting
CONTRACT TYPE: Contract (8 weeks)
HOURS: 35 hours per week (Monday- Friday, with occasional evening and/or weekend hours)
RATE: $ 14.25
START DATE: June 14, 2021
END DATE: August 10, 2021
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 30, 2021
About Stratsity: Strasity is an HR consultancy that partners with multiple organizations from various sectors and industries to assist them build and enhance their company through transforming workplace culture through strategic organizational design. Strasity is looking for those to join our mission of creating a workplace of diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equity for everyone.
About Skills for Change (host): With 38 years of operations, Skills for Change is a highly respected non-profit charity with a province wide reputation for pioneering programs that respond to shifting immigration and workplace trends and lead to employment. We offer a range of accelerated programs including mentoring, employment, settlement, language training together with specialized programs for skilled trades, women, and youth. We have 5 locations across the GTA and serve 16,000 clients annually. We believe we are in the best position to provide thought leadership through evidence-based programming, impact stories and proactive policy advocacy using knowledge mobilization products.
About the role: As a Business Development Representative, you will assist in taking the reins on our sales process. You will be responsible for outreach to prospects and qualifying new revenue opportunities. You will work closely with our Director of Operations and Director of Consultation to develop sales strategies coupled with messaging strategies to drive opportunities for new business. If you are tenacious, motivated, and a self-driven go-getter, then you will be a strong player in this role.
What you will do:
- Understand and present Strasity’s values and services offerings to target specific customer needs.
- Conduct outbound calling, email campaigns and outreach on LinkedIn to connect with potential clients.
- Develop sales strategies coupled with messaging strategies to drive opportunities for new business.
- Be educated on prospects prior to and following the initial contact point.
- Qualify prospective customers through listening and asking probing questions to understand their needs and where Strasity can assist.
- Prioritize and plan prospect tasks and outreach strategy.
- Outreach to prospects and qualifying new revenue opportunities.
- Conduct high-level conversations regarding Strasity’s services with executives at organizations.
What makes you stand out:
- Customer service or sales experience.
- Have a progressive knowledge of the HR industry.
- Experience developing relationships with potential customers and qualify their needs and wants.
- You are comfortable with presenting and speaking to multiple different customers.
- You have strong customer facing skills.
- Impeccable communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation
- You’re a highly motivated, driven, self-starting individual who knows how to hit the ground running.
- You work well in a flexible environment where you are provided various learning opportunities.
- You are both a strong team player who work well with others and also excel in independent work.
- Experience with, outreach, cold calling and prospecting customers is a plus.
- Holds or is working towards a degree or diploma in Business, Marketing or a related is preferred
- Applicants must have reached the age of 15 and not yet reached the age of 30 upon commencement of employment.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada. International students are not eligible.
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Skills for Change provides learning and training opportunities for immigrants, refugees and equity seeking groups to access and fully participate in the workplace and wider community to persons with disabilities to newcomers to Canada (including refugees) to Indigenous peoples to members of a visible minority to children or youth to seniors to the LGBTQ2 community.
Skills for Change offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in each stage of the hiring process. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. This document is available in alternate format on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.