The Accounting/Finance program is specifically designed for Ontario Residents who have education and work experience in Accounting/Bookkeeping and Finance from their home countries, and want to become familiar with the Canadian Accounting and Financial systems in Canada, in order to find employment in their field. This program will help the participants to enhance their language, interpersonal and technical skills. It also makes them familiar with the most up-to-date accounting and financial software as well as Canadian workplace environment and culture. Participants will be able to gain Canadian work experience and paid employment in their field. This program has 20 weeks of training and 6 weeks unpaid placement, for a total of 26 weeks.
This program is offered in partnership with the City of Toronto – Toronto Employment & Social Services Division
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Have Canadian Language Benchmark Level 7+
- Be familiar with keyboards/computers
- Have knowledge and experience in the accounting or finance field
- This program is open to all suitable candidates on social assistance
Duration: 26 weeks – 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (3:00 – 5:00pm one-on-one counselling, as needed)
* Includes 6 weeks unpaid job placement (post training); 6 months post-program support
- Review of Bookkeeping and Accounting Principles and System
- MS Word/Google Docs/Cloud computing
- MS Excel, Access, Powerpoint
- Business Administration Procedures
- Financial Planning
- SAGE 300 ERP 2012 (ACCPAC)
- SAGE 50 2013 (Simply Accounting)
- Action Planning
- Resumes/Cover Letters
- Job Interviews
- Managing Change
- Keeping the Job
The Health Informatics program at Skills for Change provides internationally trained newcomers with backgrounds in healthcare and the IT sector with the knowledge and experience they need for a rewarding career in the field of Health Informatics.
The Health Informatics training program is a full-time eight-week program with flexible hours to match your busy schedule. Develop real-world experience with practical hands-on labs led by leading instructors.
The program curriculum is based on the individual needs of the client and includes:
- Career planning and assessments
- Orientation to the Canadian business culture
- Professional business practices in health informatics
- Occupation-specific terminology
- Case scenarios based on the world of work in health informatics
- Networking with employers in the field, employer-led workshops,
- Job search strategies
- Job retention support.
The Skills for Change Health Informatics program is a hands-on, practical course designed to make you job ready for an exciting career in healthcare and technology!
See more information: https://skillsforchange.org/healthinformatics/
Trades Win Support Program
The Trades Win Support Program is for internationally trained tradespersons:
- Electricians (construction maintenance and industrial)
- Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanics ( HRAC)
- Industrial Millwrights (Industrial Mechanics)
This sector-specific bridging program helps skilled tradespersons become licensed and job ready.
Participants will benefit from
- Job development: job leads, connections to employers
- Work Experience Placement: builds your resume, and in some cases, leads to permanent employment
- Mentoring: mentors provide insights into skilled trades jobs and help build professional networks
- Employer training incentives are available for on-the-job training
- Test to Hire: a program incorporating workplace experience that allows you to test a job and prove your capabilities to an employer
- Get your WHMIS & Working at Heights Certificates
For registration and further information: