Skills for Change is offering a free technology training program to assist Black Seniors in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton (GTHA) region. G.R.O.W. will serve the purpose of assisting and teaching older adults to enhance their proficiency with technology and mental wellness.
The G.R.O.W. Program is supported by the Ontario Trillium Foundation which is a 8 week program that is used to enhance their experience with technology. This will serve the Black Seniors in the GTHA region.
- We want to come to you! Our program will travel to best benefit our senior community
- 8-Week duration; Bi-weekly sessions; 1-2 hour commitment
- Weekly one on one support on navigating technology and devices
- Familiarize yourself with the settings of your device and become an Internet expert by gaining hands-on experience with web-based applications
- Develop an understanding of how to distinguish and prevent internet scams, computer viruses and identity protection.
- Connecting with others through social and mental wellness activities
- Creating a safe space to explore how Black seniors are affected by their experiences in Canada.
We are currently recruiting retirement homes and senior led organizations in the GTA region for this program. If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-658-3101 ext 270.