DEPARTMENT: Employer Engagement
COMPANY: Skills for Change
LOCATION: 791 St. Clair Ave W, Toronto, ON
REPORTS TO: Supervisor of Employer Engagement
CONTRACT TYPE: Contract (Union)
HOURS: 20 hours per week (Monday-Friday, with occasional evenings and/or weekend hours)
PAY RATE: $18.59
START DATE: Immediately
END DATE: August 25, 2020
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 27, 2020
With 37 years of operations, Skills for Change is a highly respected non-profit with a province wide reputation for pioneering programs that respond to shifting immigration and workplace trends and lead to employment. Skills for Change provides multi-sited employment, job skills, career exploration through mentoring and entrepreneurship, job development, and language and settlement programs and services throughout the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Areas.
PROGRAM NATURE AND SCOPE:
The successful candidate will be a member of SfC’s Employer Engagement team, a dynamic group of leaders are engaging, cultivating and managing relationships with employers, employer networks and key stakeholders in support of SfC’s corporate and employment programs.
The Employer Engagement Assistant’s customer service approach will be vital as they will be the first point of contact for enquiries and support the day to day running of the team and our services, such as the employer recruitment, online job board for clients and events execution.
The incumbent previous human resources or administrative experience will stand them in good stead, as they update and distribute promotional content for employers and our events, and manage employer requirements with ease an efficiency. Attention to detail and accuracy are key as to handle payment documents, applications, events data, calendars and reports.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the coordination and implementation of job and career fairs, information sessions, employer information sessions, tables, and panels, and networking events and other events geared towards connecting clients from SfC employment programs with potential employers;
- Handle administrative task or employer incentive payments, COJG, and other incentive documentation;
- Communicate with employers and assist with the marketing and promotion of employer events;
- Assist in the development, design and formatting of marketing, promotional and publicity materials for marketing of events and job ready clients to potential employers;
- Liaise with the employment services team in all employment related programs to identify job ready clients and mark them to potential employers;
- Assist with the research of prospective employers for Employer Engagement initiatives;
- Communicate with employers and other external stakeholders via email (under the direction of the Supervisor) to ensure employer talent engagement, retention and logistical needs are adequately met;
- Assist with the execution of marketing and promotional plans for all agency and employer related events;
- Ensure that documentation relating to events is maintained in an orderly and efficient manner;
- Attend regular meetings with other members of the Employer Engagement team;
- Assists with the department folder on SfC’s website;
- Monitors email accounts and calendars to ensure efficient recruiting activities at SfC’s various employment program locations;
- Assists in monitoring and tracking hires, surveying employers and reporting recruiting activity data;
- Assist with the facilitation of assessment methods for events and activities where and when appropriate;
- Initiate contact, engage and network with employers to identify work opportunities for SfC clients;
- Represent SfC at networking and training events and when attending conferences relevant to the requirements of the role;
- Provide information on employer-related services offered SfC to employers and external stakeholders;
- Ensure that all documentation is complete and uploaded onto Google Drive, Salesforce, CaMs or other database and software tools;
- Attend all mandatory training;
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-4 years’ experience of experience in either human resources, employment services, recruitment, employer Engagement or in a sales orientated / customer facing role;
- The incumbent needs to be highly creative, self-motivated, and capable of functioning independently as well as in a team. They must possess strong interpersonal skills and be willing to commit his or her efforts to the enhancement and promotion of all employer related events to support employment needs of SfC clients;
- Event planning experience is an asset;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Strong organization and time management skills;
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills;
- Able to work flexible hours, including evening and occasional weekends
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO:
Skills for Change offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in each stage of the hiring process. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. This document is available in alternate format on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.