COMPANY: Skills for Change
LOCATION: 791 St. Clair Ave West, Toronto ON
REPORTS TO: Executive Assistant
CONTRACT TYPE: Contract (8 weeks)
HOURS: 35 hours per week (Monday- Friday, with occasional evening and/or weekend hours)
RATE: $ 15.00
START DATE: immediately
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
With 40 years of operations, Skills for Change is a highly respected non-profit charity with a province-wide reputation for pioneering programs that respond to shifting immigration and workplace trends and lead to employment. Skills for Change provides multi-sited employment, job skills, career exploration through mentoring and entrepreneurship, job development, mental health and wellness, language and settlement programs and services throughout the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Areas.
The Administrative Assistant – Office will…
This is part of the Canada Summer Jobs Program,
• Applicants must have reached the age of 15 and not yet reached the age of 30 upon commencement of employment.
• Must be legally entitled to work in Canada. International students are not eligible.
- Handling recruitment process of screening candidate’s resume, Performing pre-screening interviews.
- Communicating with Hiring managers to identify suitable candidates for open roles.
- Scheduling interviews through google calendar and zoom.
- Sending invitation emails to selected candidates as well as rejection emails to unqualified candidates.
- Posting open positions on skills for changing websites.
- Provides general administrative support including staff announcements, organizational charts, and document distribution.
- Maintain human resource information systems (HRIS) by updating the database.
- Assist in responding to inquiries and educating other employees about using the software.
- Maintaining employee files and the digital HR filing system
- Partner with internal stakeholders to develop technology solutions that help to streamline and automate (new) HR processes
- Implement process improvements and policy changes designed to improve efficiency and the user experience with the system
- Serve as a system administrator for HR systems and applications
- Ensuring security, end-user access, and data integrity across all HR platforms
- Supports critical system maintenance and operational tasks within the HRIS
- Coordinates, plans, develops, and implements other projects as required,
- Present data, when requested, in a manner that will be understood by co-workers and stakeholders.
- Support SFC project activities as required.
- Perform other administrative duties as required.
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO:firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of our commitment to diverse & inclusion racial justice and reconciliation, Skills for Change encourages applications from those who identify as Black, Indigenous, people of color, and other underrepresented communities. Skills for Change offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in each stage of the hiring process. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. This document is available in alternate format on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.