JOB CLASSIFICATION: Administration Assistant (Canada Summer Jobs)
DEPARTMENT/PROGRAM: Career Skills
COMPANY: Skills for Change
LOCATION: 791 St. Clair Ave West, Toronto ON
REPORTS TO: Manager of Social Enterprise
CONTRACT TYPE: Contract (8 weeks)
HOURS: 35 hours per week (Monday-Friday, with occasional evening and/or weekend hours)
RATE: $ 15.50
START DATE: May 22, 2023
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 10, 2023
With over 40 years of operations, Skills for Change is a highly respected non-profit with a province wide reputation for pioneering programs that respond to shifting immigration and workplace trends and lead to employment. Skills for Change provides multi-sited employment, job skills, career exploration through mentoring and entrepreneurship, job development, mental health and wellness, language and settlement programs and services throughout the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Areas. We believe we are in the best position to provide thought leadership through evidence-based programming, impact stories and proactive policy advocacy using knowledge mobilization products.
Skills for Change is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Administration Assistant to join our team for a 8-week period starting on May 22nd, 2023. The successful candidate will work closely with the Career Skills team to be responsible for providing administrative support to the organization and ensuring the smooth day-to-day operation of the office.
- Provide excellent customer service and represent the agency in a positive light to community members and partners;
- Support project development and maintenance;
- Assisting with researching various programs/ services for clients;
- Assist with scheduling clients and Service coordination – outreach, intake, and follow up;
- Assist in working collaboratively with Skills for Change in understanding their needs In designing the workshops and activities;
- Assist in gathering data and keeping all the documentation organized i.e. various forms used by the settlement 2 services;
- Assist with preparing flyers/preparing outreach packages;
- Assist with preparing surveys and distributing packages and documents for various events and information sessions;
- Assist in planning various events planned by the settlement staff;
- Represent the agency at events, information booths and community events;
- Assist with registering clients for workshops/information sessions/networking/mentoring activities;
- Assist with the distribution, collection, collation and analysis of participant surveys and other evaluation methodology mid-way and at the completion of services;
- Support administrative needs (e.g. answering phones, responding to community inquiries, filing, photocopying etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, taking direction from management and contributing ideas and solutions;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to exercise sound judgement;
- Experience in social media management and content creation;
- Strong organizational and time-management skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, PowerPoint, and Word;
- Proficient in Google Suite;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information with discretion;
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Applicants must have reached the age of 15 and not yet reached the age of 30 upon commencement of employment.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada. International students are not eligible.
- Completed or in pursuit of post-secondary education in journalism, communications or relevant subject area and experience, as well as highly developed communication skills, drafting skills and familiarity with a range of media tools.
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO: email@example.com
Skills for Change provides learning and training opportunities for immigrants, refugees and equity seeking groups to access and fully participate in the workplace and wider community to persons with disabilities to newcomers to Canada (including refugees) to Indigenous peoples to members of a visible minority to children or youth to seniors to the LGBTQ2 community. Skills for Change offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in each stage of the hiring process. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. This document is available in alternate format on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.