COMPANY: Skills for Change
LOCATION: 791 St. Clair Ave West, Toronto ON
REPORTS TO: Supervisor, Financial Analysis, Compensation & Reporting
CONTRACT TYPE: Contract
HOURS: 35 hours per week (Monday-Friday, with occasional evening and/or weekend hours)
START DATE: November 30, 2020
END DATE: March 31, 2021
APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 20, 2020
With 38 years of operations, Skills for Change is a highly respected non-profit charity with a province wide reputation for pioneering programs that respond to shifting immigration and workplace trends and lead to employment. We offer a range of accelerated programs including mentoring, employment, settlement, language training together with specialized programs for skilled trades, women, and youth. We have 5 locations across the GTA and serve 16,000 clients annually. We believe we are in the best position to provide thought leadership through evidence-based programming, impact stories and proactive policy advocacy using knowledge mobilization products.
PROGRAM NATURE AND SCOPE:
The Finance team at Skills for Change manages the compensation, financial reporting, accounting and analysis functions. You will be responsible to help the team on several tasks and projects during your contract.
This position reports to the Supervisor, Financial Analysis, Compensation & Reporting and is responsible for performing accounts receivable, accounts payable and office services tasks. This position will record accounting transactions applicable to an organization that operates a highly diverse set of programs. Duties will include maintaining, analyzing, updating and reconciling financial information with a high degree of accuracy and in accordance with established deadlines. The successful candidate will be highly organized, efficient and proficient at prioritizing competing deadlines. The candidate will demonstrate problem-solving skills and exercise professional judgement. This position would be well suited to an individual who enjoys working with a team and is enthusiastic about continuous learning.
- Ensure accurate input of invoices and transactions in the accounting systems
- Investigate outstanding invoices and contribute to the processing of accounts payables
- Generate cheques and process electronic funds transfer(EFT) payment worksheets
- Create program budget worksheets and assist with expense compensation
- Coordinate and prepare account analysis with supporting documents
- Manage multiple databases accurately and produce reports in a timely manner as per schedule and as requested
- Frequently assist with client issue resolution
- Participate in all meetings as required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong all-round communication skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrated ability to summarize complex information in clear, non-specialist language for a wide range of communication formats.
- Experience using web-based tools such as SAGE 300, ADP, Microsoft Office suite, Google Suite, Zoom, Slack etc.,
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a diverse and dynamic team environment.
- Strong planning and organization skills with ability to prioritize deliverables.
- Comfortable working with electronic documents and a reduced paper environment;
- Comfortable working in a remote work environment when required;
- Ability to adapt to change and new technologies;
- Exceptional customer service and relationship building skills
- Demonstrate strong work ethic and keen attention to detail
- Ability to speak a language other than English and French is an asset;
- Diploma in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or a related field or have completed at least one year in a related bachelor’s program; bachelor’s degree considered an asset.
- Minimum one-year direct experience working with newcomers and equity seeking communities in similar capacity
- A clear, mandatory vulnerable sector check
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO:
Skills for Change offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in each stage of the hiring process. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. This document is available in alternate format on request.
The agency provides learning and training opportunities for immigrants, refugees and equity seeking groups to access and fully participate in the workplace and wider community to persons with disabilities to newcomers to Canada (including refugees) to Indigenous peoples to members of a visible minority to children or youth to seniors to the LGBTQ2 community.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.