COMPANY: Skills for Change
LOCATION: 791 St. Clair Ave West, Toronto ON
REPORTS TO: Supervisor, Compensation, Financial Analysis & Reporting
CONTRACT TYPE: Contract (8 weeks)
HOURS: 35 hours per week (Monday- Friday, with occasional evening and/or weekend hours)
RATE: $ 15.00
START DATE: Immediately
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
With 40 years of operations, Skills for Change is a highly respected non-profit charity with a province-wide reputation for pioneering programs that respond to shifting immigration and workplace trends and lead to employment. Skills for Change provides multi-sited employment, job skills, career exploration through mentoring and entrepreneurship, job development, mental health and wellness, language and settlement programs and services throughout the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Areas.
The Finance team at Skills for Change manages the accounting and analysis functions. As an Accounting Assistant, you will be responsible to help the team on several tasks and projects during your contract.
This is part of the Canada Summer Jobs Program,
• Applicants must have reached the age of 15 and not yet reached the age of 30 upon commencement of employment.
• Must be legally entitled to work in Canada. International students are not eligible.
- Support special projects and assignments, such as:
- Assist with GL accounts reconciliation
- Assist with reconciliation of history importing data in Sage Intacct
- Prepare Monthly Summary of Expenses for Claims
- Assist with expenses allocation across programs
- Input data entry
- Investigate outstanding invoices
- Coordinate and prepare supporting documents
- Understand and resolve client issues
- Help with any other tasks related to finance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal);
- Eager to work with newcomers and equity seeking communities;
- Strong organizational and communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic employment setting;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Ethical, positive work attitude;
- Punctual, reliable;
- Ability to speak a language other than English and French is an asset;
- Strong grasp of working online, Gmail, Google docs, Excel, etc.
- Accurate, detail oriented.
- College diploma in Business Administration, Accounting or a related field or have completed at least one year in a related bachelor program or currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution;
- Relevant direct experience working with newcomers, equity seeking communities;
- Ability to write clearly and concisely, and a commitment to accuracy and detailed oriented quality work
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written with proven experience in writing, with the ability and experience writing for website and blogs as well as copywriting for advertisement
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and competing demands, and must possess excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team and perform tasks under minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and to adhere to project deadlines, prioritizing tasks accordingly
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO:email@example.com
Skills for Change provides learning and training opportunities for immigrants, refugees and equity seeking groups to access and fully participate in the workplace and wider community to persons with disabilities to newcomers to Canada (including refugees) to Indigenous peoples to members of a visible minority to children or youth to seniors to the LGBTQ2 community. Skills for Change offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in each stage of the hiring process. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. This document is available in alternate format on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.