JOB CLASSIFICATION: Accounting Analyst
COMPANY: Skills for Change
LOCATION: 791 St. Clair Ave West, Toronto ON M6C 1B7
REPORTS TO: Supervisor, Compensation, Financial Analysis & Reporting
CONTRACT TYPE: Contract (Non-Unionized)
HOURS: 35 hours per week (Monday-Friday, with occasional evening and/or weekend hours)
SALARY: Commensurate with Experience
START DATE: November 28, 2022
END DATE: October 6, 2023
With 40 years of operations, Skills for Change is a highly respected non-profit charity with a province wide reputation for pioneering programs that respond to shifting immigration and workplace trends and lead to employment. We offer a range of accelerated programs including mentoring, employment, settlement, language training together with specialized programs for skilled trades, women, and youth. We have 5 locations across the GTA and serve 16,000 clients annually. We believe we are in the best position to provide thought leadership through evidence-based programming, impact stories and proactive policy advocacy using knowledge mobilization products.
PROGRAM NATURE AND SCOPE:
The Finance & Accounting team at Skills for Change manages the financial reporting, program reporting, agency and program accounting and financial analysis functions. Financial and accounting operations includes the accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll accounting, the general ledger, and the agency and program reporting functions. The agency operates a diverse set of programs that require a high degree of accuracy and reporting accordance with established deadlines. The Accounting Analyst position reports to the Supervisor, Compensation, Financial Analysis & Reporting.
The core responsibilities of the Accounting Analyst will be to review and analyse program expenditures, maintain the accounts payable functions, general ledger account analysis and reconciliations. The Accounting Analyst will also support the team with program reporting and projects during the term of employment.
The successful candidate will be highly organized, efficient, and proficient at prioritizing competing deadlines. The candidate will demonstrate the ability to take the initiative to follow-up on outstanding issues and exercise professional judgement. This position would be well suited to an individual who is hands-on and enjoys working with a team, liaising with program managers, is accurate and detail oriented and is enthusiastic about continuous learning.
- Managing the vendors and processing of accounts payable transactions into the accounting system.
- Investigate outstanding transactions and related accounting issues.
- Assist with compensation and payroll accounting.
- Support the preparation of cheques and prepare supporting documents for electronic funds transfer(EFT) payments.
- Coordinate and prepare account reconciliations and account analysis with supporting documents.
- Assist with the preparation of program level financials to meet reporting deadlines.
- Provide regular support and resolution to client issues
- Boost a shared vision on Skills for Change delivery by raising the Skills for Change and showcasing Skills for Change jointly with wider partners at events, and wider activities where possible.
- Participate in team meetings, staff meetings, and all other meetings as required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Working experience in an accounting function.
- Proficient in using accounting software such as SAGE Intacct or equivalent and web-based technologies like Microsoft Office suite, Google Suite, Zoom, Slack etc.
- Solid working knowledge of Excel.
- Accurate and detail oriented.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collectively in a diverse and dynamic team environment.
- Comfortable working in a remote work environment when required and with electronic records and in a reduced paper environment.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ethical, positive work attitude, and is punctual and reliable
- Ability to speak a language other than English and French is an asset.
- Diploma in Business Administration, Accounting, or a related field.
- Proven work experience in an accounting function.
- Relevant direct experience working with newcomers, equity seeking communities is preferable.
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO:
Attention: Human Resources
As part of our commitment to diverse & inclusion racial justice and reconciliation, Skills for Change encourages applications from those who identify as Black, Indigenous, LGBTQS+, Racialized and other under-represented communities. Skills for Change offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in each stage of the hiring process. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. This document is available in an alternate format on request. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.