Youth leading local recreation in Jane-Finch
Step Ahead provides youth ages 12-18 residing in Jane and Finch with local training, placements and summer employment opportunities geared towards delivering sport and recreation sessions to other youth.
Participants will benefit from:
- Sports and Recreation Leadership Training: youth learn about how to organize and perform on different sports, dance and recreational activities, while developing healthy lifestyles and teamwork skills.
- Youth Leadership Training: participants explore their vocations through career advancement, employment and entrepreneurship training. By the end of the program, all participants will create their own career roadmap, business plans or summer employment plans.
- Youth will be provided with a whole picture of career, employment and entrepreneurship opportunities through field visits.
- Youth will receive guidance from positive role models to implement their career roadmaps, business and employment plans (instructors, business professionals, and community leaders).
- Youth leaders will be empowered to increase access to affordable recreation opportunities for other youth facing participation barriers.
Services are available to:
- Youth aged 12-18
For more information about these services, please contact:
Allison Thomas, Community Development Associate
Phone: 416-658-3101 ext. 213