Are you a youth aged 15-29 with a winning business idea?
Skills for Change gives YOU the opportunity! Skills for Change, in partnership with the provincial government and the Good Shepherd of Hamilton, Mohawk College and IWC, offers a one-stop source program for Hamilton Youth, called Entrepreneurship Hub. With this program, budding entrepreneurs have access to a wealth of services that include:
- FREE small business resources and information.
- FREE consultations with knowledgeable business consultants.
- DIRECT assistance with business plan preparation and market research.
- ACCESS to seminars, workshops and networking events.
We understand that starting and developing a brand new business takes time, motivation, desire and dedication as well as research and planning. Let our Youth Entrepreneurship Hub program help you with planning and developing your business idea no matter what type of business you wish to start. We will help you explore and develop your business idea and formulate a clear and competitive business plan so you can be successful. In our 16 week in class training you will:
- Learn how to develop a business idea.
- Get up-to-date, leading information geared to the needs of the entrepreneur.
- Access current resource materials, including books, directories, networking events.
- Participate in informative workshops and seminars specifically designed to meet the needs of small business.
- Test out how to market your business in a competitive market so you can increase your chances of success.
- Our expert’s staff will guide you from your business idea, to your business plan to your successful business.
Contact us today to find out more about this exciting program!
Through the Strategic Community Entrepreneurship Projects program, you can get:
- Entrepreneurship training that may include seminars, workshops, learning modules and resource guides, delivered by a participating organization.
- Mentoring, business coaching and other activities that can help you on your journey to self-employment.
- Funding of up to $3,000 to help cover your business start-up costs.
You can apply if you are:
- An Ontario resident aged 15 to 29.
- Not eligible for other self-employment programs, such as the Ontario Self-Employment Benefit.
If you are on social assistance (Ontario Works or Ontario Disability Support Program) you can still apply to Strategic Community Entrepreneurship Projects. Payments from Strategic Community Entrepreneurship Projects may be exempt as income and assets under social assistance, so your monthly social assistance payment may not be affected. Call your local Ontario Works or Ontario Disability Support Program office for more information.
Hamilton Youth Entrepreneurship Connection is committed to helping you on your road to success!
Hours of Operation:
Tuesdays 9:00am – 5:00pm
Wednesdays 9:00am – 7:00pm
Thursdays 9:00am – 5:00pm
Saturdays 9:00am – 5:00pm
Walk-ins are permitted, but appointments for consultations are required.
Skills for Change Hamilton Office
182 Rebecca St
Hamilton ON L8R 1C1
You need to apply through an organization in your community that has been selected to deliver the program. Timing of the programs varies depending on the organization offering it, and all programs end by January 2016. You can access more information about your local program’s requirements, timing and application process by contacting a program provider in your community. Space is limited, so apply as soon as possible.