The Community Impact Hub supports the leadership and creativity of youth, ages 18-29
In creating a more equitable and welcoming community in the Jane and Finch.
The Hub is an umbrella program for Skills for Change’s youth leadership initiatives in the Jane and Finch neighbourhood.
Participants will receive a certificate upon completion of the program.
The Hub provides youth with:
Social Innovation Training (12 weeks)
- Leadership for Community Impact
- Career advancement for youth
- Economic Empowerment for youth
- Field trips
Community Development Experiences (8+ weeks)
- Program participants will access meaningful placements in local youth and all-ages programs.
- Participants will develop their own social innovation plans supported by a mentor.
Seed Funding Opportunities
- Social innovation plans will be presented in an event that will gather program sponsors and entrepreneurs.
- The 3 best business plans will receive seed funding.
Job Development and one-on-one support
- Youth will access support to implement their own employment or career development strategy.
- Our dedicated team of Job Developers assist youth in accessing employment opportunities.
- Youth ages 18-29
- Have a high school diploma
- Have a desire to create a positive change in the Jane and Finch community
- Are interested in working with early youth or children programming
- Have a desire to create your own social innovation plan
- Available for 3-6 hours of weekly training for the duration of the program
- Available to complete a 8-week placement