Did you know that jobs in the machining industry are in high demand in Ontario?
The skills learned in machinist programs and related fields, such as tool and die, CNC machining and programming are extremely valuable for employers.
Skills for Change’s Pre-Apprenticeship Training Program provides youth, aboriginal peoples, women and newcomers participants with technical training, employment preparation, work experience placements, and mentoring and employment services.
The program is delivered in partnership with Seneca’s College of Applied Arts and Technology (Jane Campus) and has a primary focus on general machinist training, with exposure to CNC programmer and tool and die maker training.
Certificate provided by Seneca College
- Print Reading
- Computer Numerical Control
- Technical English
- Technical Mathematics
- Machining Theory
- Tool Design
- General Machinist
- CNC Machinist/Operator
- CNC Programmer
- Tool Maker
- Die Maker
Paid Work Placement Opportunities
- 8-week work experience placements
- Employer training incentives
- Job Leads
- Connections to employers
- Labour market trends and employment in the sector
- Working conditions, wages
- Skills in demand, duties and responsibilities.
- Laws that protect workers in Ontario.
- Basic health and safety training
- Vocabulary for tools, equipment, duties and responsibilities.
- On-the-job mentoring
- Employment mentoring
Registration is closed
Technical training starts in April, 2017!
- Youth, Aboriginal peoples, Women, and Newcomers to Canada
- Have completed GED Diploma or equivalent
- Have little or no Canadian work experience in the sector
- Not currently in full-time education
- Demonstrate keen interest in the sector and strong aptitude towards math
- Available for 6 hours of daily training for the duration of the program
- Demonstrate English Language Proficiency (Canadian Language Benchmark Assessment)
Mentoring and Info Sessions: Skills for Change | Toronto Central
Technical Training and Employment Preparation:
Seneca College – Jane Campus
21 Beverly Hills Drive