Mentoring for Change
Are you interested in mentoring or be mentored?
The Mentoring for Change program assists internationally trained professional newcomers in their settlement process, language skill development, and search for professional employment by matching them with suitable mentors.
Our Mentoring Options
- Settlement and language mentoring helps identify resources for new Canadians and assists with improving their communication skills.
- Mentoring for employment provides support and assistance to internationally-trained professional newcomers to overcome the barriers they face in their search for suitable employment. Up to 70 per cent of participants in employment mentoring gain employment in their fields.
Services available to individuals who
- Have a professional qualification outside of Canada
- Have been in Canada for 4 years or less
- Have little or no Canadian experience in their profession
- Have a minimum of two years of professional experience outside of Canada
- Have Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) Level 7
- Are able to spend at least 20 hours a week in active job search
- Are able to commit to meeting with a mentor for 4 hours a month for 4 months
- Are highly motivated and committed to looking for work in their profession in Canada.
For more information about these services, please contact:
Rosaline Graham, Mentoring Coach,
Phone: 416-658-3101 ext. 264