The Program will prepare students for accurate completion of personal tax and business returns using current tax software. Using a variety of methods, including tax cases, lectures and internet research, students will be able to prepare a comprehensive personal Canadian tax return using a professional tax software program. Basic principles of tax planning and compliance with relevant tax legislation and regulations are stressed in the program. The course will provide opportunities to master the new Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) technologies that are significantly challenging to the individuals and businesses.
We welcome auditing student.*
* Provided there is space available on the first class, undecided students may join the first half of class to observe. Please contact us to schedule in advance.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_tta_tabs][vc_tta_section title=”Course Content” tab_id=”Content1c1d-c0e3″][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/2″]
- Introduction to Canadian Income tax
- Employment income, deductions and credits
- Employment expenses, moving expenses
- Nonrefundable and refundable credits
- Investment income – interest, dividend and capital gains
- Social benefits – CPP, EI, working income tax benefits
- RRSP, TFSA, RESP and RDSP
- Special provisions for seniors
- Medical expenses and disability
- Special provisions for students
- Marriage, separations, reconciliation, support payments
- Childcare expenses
- Business income
- Business Activities
- Business structures
- Payroll obligations
- Form T2125 – income and expenses
- Capital properties
- Reasonable Expectation of Profit: Business, Rental and Professional
- Professional, royalty as business income, entertainers
- Allocation of Income to Two or More Provinces
- Business losses, Rental losses, Business Investment losses
- Corporations – T2 returns
- GST/HST returns
- Corporate E-File, GIFI, RSI
- Alternate Minimum Tax (AMT)
- Use the recognized tax software, UFILE
About the Course
Classes are held in a Computer Lab
- Certificate of Completion
- Tax Receipt Form for tuition fees for courses taken in the calendar year. To qualify, the fees must be more than $100 for the year.
Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and intermediate level of English.
About the Instructor
Jason is a qualified CA, CPA, CISA, CSC with 20 plus years of experience in Accounting, Auditing, Finance and Taxation. He has helped large number of clients in their Canadian and US taxation matters and their financial planning.
He is an excellent communicator and has more than 10 years’ experience in teaching taxation, financial management, operations management in colleges and universities. He is the most liked faculty among the students.
He is driven to inspire students to pursue academic and personal excellence. He consistently strives to create challenging and engaging learning environment for students to become life-long scholars and learners.
He has exceptional record of research success with multiple published blogs. He believes that “Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today.”
May 16, 2020 | Toronto
Saturdays | 9:00 A.M. – 2:00 P.M. (8 weeks, 40 hours)[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space][vc_column_text]– Former Student
“Good course. Lots to learn. Great place.”
“I enjoyed the Income tax Preparation class at Skills for Change. The instructor is knowledgeable and a good practitioner, which is important, he provided examples for each and every topic of course that discussed. Open mind, deep analyser and care about student’s understanding.Thank you.”
“Skills for Change is a great program. The instructor is very knowledgeable about the course. He is very patient with students. I would recommend the course to anybody.”[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][/vc_tta_tabs][/vc_column][/vc_row]